Thespo 23 – Dil Fully Dramatic! is here and ready to add some more drama to your life. If you have a story to share and want to unleash your creativity, register your flagship performance.
These are LIVE performances by artists under the age of 25 that tell a story and make innovative use of the digital medium.
All the world’s a stage. No really. Tell the story you want to on any digital medium, from any part of the globe. All you have to do is register a live performance in any language and genre, with a minimum duration of 45 minutes. If selected, your flagship performance will be showcased at the Festival in December 2021!
To participate in the Thespo 23 festival, register your flagship performance today!
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR FLAGSHIP PERFORMANCE
- All participants MUST be born on or after 1st January, 1995 i.e. 25 years of age or under. (This is not applicable for the writer and producer)
- The duration of the play must be a MINIMUM of 45 minutes long.
- The play can be of any language and genre.
- The play can be any existing texts or an original work of writing.
- The group can register a play even if it is a ‘Work in Progress.
- Any copyrighted music or script cannot be used without acquiring permission.
- The last date to fill in the form is 15th September, 2021. No extensions will be granted.
- Once you submit the form, Thespo will share details for the payment of the refundable
The registration will be confirmed after a refundable deposit of Rs. 500/- is received from the group. Once the deposit is received, Thespo will send an e-receipt confirming the registration to the e-mail ID submitted in the form.
The deposit will be returned after the screening on the following conditions:
- The full team must be present for the screening 15 mins before the allotted time slot.
- The performance can be a work in progress, without the final set/ costumes/ props, as long as it gives the panel as clear an idea as possible of the performance.
- All members of the team are under the age of 25,i.e born on or after 1st January 1995.The writer and producer can be above 25.
- All the members of the team must fill the online participation form, sent by us before the screening and also provide an ID proof that provides their date of birth/proof of age 2 days before the screening.
- Submit a clean and legible copy of the script,2 days before the screening.
- In case the performance is in a language other than Hindi or English, a synopsis for the same must be submitted (in Hindi or English) 2 days before the allotted screening slot.
- The deposit will be returned after the screening, if all the conditions above have been met.
- Last Date to Register – 15th September, 2021 (No Extension)
- Screening Period – September and October, 2021.
- The festival will be held in December, 2021, digitally.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Everybody involved in the performance should be under 25 years old(i.e born on or after 1st January,1995), excluding the writer and the producer.
Your performance should be LIVE.
Your performance should be a minimum of 45 minutes long.
Your performance should tell a story. This category does not permit performing excerpts.
Thespo would like to create unique LIVE experiences for young people to watch and work towards. We encourage you to perform live at the screening, and if you are selected, at the festival as well. However, if your performance requires some pre-recorded material to drive the story, we can figure out how to include it.
Not at all. This is an International Digital Youth Theatre Festival. Stories, performers and audience members from all over the world will make it a truly global experience. You can be anywhere in the world and still perform at the festival or volunteer on the Thespo crew.
Thespo welcomes any and everybody to the festival. However, to perform at the festival, you have to be under 25 years old, since this is a Youth festival. The writer and producer of your performance can be older, but everybody else must be under 25.
An array of workshops and mentorship sessions. International collaborations. Specially curated LIVE performances by the young for the young. Theatre games. Pitch sessions and panel discussions about important topics, and lots more!
The festival is set to take place in December, 2021. This year, the festival will take place online. More information to follow.
The last date to register your performance for the flagship category is 15 September, 2021.
Performing at the festival is free. However, Thespo takes a small, refundable deposit from all those who have registered. This deposit is to block your screening slot. If you utilize your scheduled/preferred screening slot and perform for the prescribed minimum 45 minutes and follow all the rules and regulations your deposit will be refunded in full.
Participation in workshops at the festival is charged. The live flagship performances at the festival are also ticketed.