Thespo Tapri is a curated selection of the best stories and narrators from across India, who are featured in an evening of imagination and entertainment that guarantees Cheeni Kam, Stories Zyaada.
Hosted live on a virtual platform for promising young performers to showcase their story-telling skills and rejoice in the tales of others.
Performances need to be 5-7 minutes long and can be in any language, any genre.
What’s more? The journey to the Thespo Tapri includes guidance and mentorship along the way! So what are you waiting for, register now!
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THESPO TAPRI 2021
- All performers must be 25 years of age or under, that is, born on or after 1 January 1995.
- This is a solo storytelling event. Your performance should tell a story narrated/performed by one person only.
- The performance duration must be a minimum of 5 minutes and a maximum of 7 minutes.
- If the story chosen is a pre-existing text, please ensure it is copyright free or you have relevant permission to use the text. If the selected story is not copyright free, participants will need performance rights of the story.
- A script of the story is to be submitted by the 13th of August 2021. If the story has languages other than Hindi and English, a translation must be provided by the participant. Please note in case there are changes in the script, the updated script needs to be sent to Thespo before the screening.
- The story must be a stand-alone piece and not a monologue or excerpt from a larger body of literature (play, novel, etc).
- The Registration fee for Thespo Tapri is Rs. 100 (non refundable). Registration will be confirmed only when the payment is received.
- Please note if you fail to comply to any of the above rules, Thespo reserves the right to disqualify your participation from Thespo Tapri 2021.
THESPO TAPRI MILESTONES
- Participants register by filling out a form
- Screening is scheduled – Each participant is given a time slot where they must perform for the screening panel live and in real time.
- Screening takes place – The screening panel watch each performance live and give feedback
- Performances are selected and performers are provided with an intensive mentorship session.
- Performances take place between the months of October and November.
- Last Date of registration: 10 August 2021
- Last date of script submission: 13 August 2021
- Screening Period: Last 2 weeks of August 2021 4. Mentorship sessions: First 2 weeks of September 2021 5. Showcase of selected performances: Last week of September 2021-First week of October 2021
*Please note the above dates are tentative and are subject to change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the registration fee for Thespo tapri is Rs. 100 (non refundable).
You can register for Thespo Tapri 2021 by filling the registration form. Your registration will be confirmed only once we receive the registration fee.
- You need to be 25 years of age or under, that is, born on or after 1 January 1995.
- You performance piece must be 5-7 minutes long.
Yes, you can. By registering you will be booking a slot for us to see your performance. It is not necessary for you to have your piece ready while filling the form. However, you do need to submit a script of your piece to us by the 13th of August 2021.
No, a monologue from a play or an excerpt from an essay/novel cannot be used. The story must be a stand-alone piece.
No, your story can be of any genre, form and language.
No, it must be a solo performance.
No, the story must be performed live.
While original stories are definitely encouraged, it is not necessary to write your own piece. You are free to perform pre-existing short stories of 5-7 minutes provided they are copyright free. If the selected story is not copyright free, participants will need performance rights of the story.
We also have an online library that you can access for various short stories in different languages. Please write to us on
firstname.lastname@example.org after your registration is confirmed if you’re keen to refer to our library.
No. Pre-recorded video submissions are not permitted. We will schedule a time slot for each participant to perform live for our screening panel.
No. The participant must perform the piece originally selected by the screening panel.
Yes. All languages are welcome. If you have a story in languages other than Hindi and English, you must submit a translation in English of the same along with the script.
Yes. Please write to us at email@example.com and we’ll connect you with performers in need of a story.
No. The registration fee is non-refundable